Thursday 22 January 2009

old crap

I went into a public toilet block. All the doors were dark wood and the floor cement. Most of the doors were open but some were closed so, naturally, I headed to one of the toilet cubicles with an open door as no one would be using it. The first toilet was nearly overflowing, almost full of both liquid and solid human waste. I backed out and went into the next cubicle with an open door. It was the same. I tried every cubicle - there were about sixteen in the toilet block - apart from the ones with closed doors, but each was the same. I decided to wait for someone to come out of a cubicle with a shut door, thinking that they must have chosen a clean toilet. A few people left and I checked the cubicles: these were similarly full, nearly to the brim, with human waste but even more foul with fungus and mould growing on the matter left in the bowls.

No comments: