Wednesday 16 July 2008

panther & PM

I was in a vast room, perhaps a warehouse space. Prowling around the room was a black panther. At times, the panther morphed into a domestic cat, at other times, he was huge and wild. He wanted to eat something and rather than eat me, he decided to eat my dear friend A. I was not worried as I knew that she would be alright in the end. He ate her and thanked me for his meal by winding around my legs, rubbing himself against me. It was now night time and I could hear someone vomiting in the toilet. A reappeared in one piece. She peeked under the door and said that it was a former Prime Minister of Australia, throwing up in the toilet. We went into the next room where his wife was making tea, dressed in her dressing gown. I wondered if the PM was going to be in trouble as it was evident that he had been out very late and had had too much to drink, but his wife seemed calm and quite used to it. I sat down on an enormous bed with A and the PM. We began to talk about opportunities for women and women's groups. Another politician came in and asked how old I was. When I told him, he was surprised. He joined us on the bed, along with the PM's wife and a few others. We had a picnic, passing around biscuits, cups of tea and cold drinks. I was struck by how handsome the PM was, with his bright blue eyes and roughly hewn face.

No comments: