Wednesday 23 July 2008

game & little girl

I was in a large hall with many other people. We were playing a game much like volleyball but without a net and instead of two teams, everyone had formed a circle and hit the ball up into the air, across the circle. Somehow I had been shunted out of the circle and had no real way of hitting the ball unless it fell behind the players. Only once, the ball came to me and I punched it to another player standing in the circle, to my left, so that she hit it across to the other side. I called out and asked everyone to move around and make room for me in the circle. They did so and the game went on.
Next, a little girl was next to me and I felt protective of her. I moved outside the game, lay down between a couple of friends that I have not seen since school, and the girl lay on my belly. We pulled a quilt over us and all lay quietly for a while, just resting. When the little girl was ready to move again, she kissed me on the cheek and went away.

No comments: