Friday 25 July 2008

baby to alien

A friend had a baby. We were outside, next to a field and, after she birthed the baby, I passed it to a woman who, after performing a couple of procedures such as checking over the baby and such, cut the umbilical cord. I passed the baby back to his mother.
Next, B had a baby. Sitting where the other woman had been sitting, on an old stone bench next to a field, she gave birth. Again, I passed the baby to the mid-wife who checked the baby and then cut the umbilical cord. I remember wondering if she was too fast to do this and if the cord had been cut too close to the baby's belly, but had to trust that she new what she was doing. She placed a part of the umbilical cord on a stone wall between us and sat the baby on the wall next to it. The baby was sitting up, very unlike a newborn. I quickly picked it up and turned to give the baby to B. I was concerned about B who was sitting, naked, very similarly to how the baby had been sitting, slumped and vulnerable. I covered her with a blanket to protect her back from the cold wind that was blowing over the field. In her arms, I noticed that the baby had the same stormy ocean eyes as hers. The baby looked around and smiled at the small group of people who had gathered, and then began to speak. We were amazed and realised that the baby was an alien who was visiting Earth. The baby was acutely intelligent and had extraordinary powers of perception. Suddenly, the baby was an adult figure of ambiguous sex. My brother and my sister were standing either side of me and the alien figure placed a hand on my forehead and read me, saying three words that described my nature. I only recall the word 'magical'. He or she also told me that I would be a leader or a warrior which surprised me; I felt so nondescript, particularly in comparison to this wonderful creature. I followed the alien as she/he walked about the space, reading various people - I hoped for approval and also to be able to transform or evolve to his or her level. I understood that this was human potential.

No comments: