Saturday 22 December 2007

held from behind & makeup

A and I were walking down a grassy hill, back to our van, in the early evening. As we opened the door, a man walked alongside us and then grabbed me from behind. I threw my mobile phone to A and closed the car door so that she would be able to call the police. The man didn’t really do anything except hold me against the side of the van, whilst I repeatedly told him to let me go, speaking as calmly as possible. Suddenly there were several other cars around us and the man left. I hopped into the car and realised that no one had understood that I was in trouble as I had appeared to be calm.

Next, I was walking through David Jones in the women’s clothing department. I came across an exclusive boutique situated in the middle of the floor. It was run by two very interesting looking women in their forties or fifties—there was a photograph of them on the wall: a woman with dark hair and the other with fire red. Glamorous women were trying on the clothes. I recognised one of the women as R, a tall slender woman that I haven’t seen for twenty years. She looked almost the same as when I last saw her and she was as striking as always. I walked over to the Clarins counter to apply some lipstick before she recognised me; I asked the assistant if I could borrow her mirror. As I was putting the lid back on my lipstick, it broke. The assistant offered to do my makeup and I agreed. When she had finished, I looked in the mirror again and, though she had done a lovely job, I felt too made up. Instead of washing the makeup off, I simply removed it like a mask and gave it back to the lady. Another woman came over and held me from behind and I felt safe. I then helped the store assistants man their counter while they took a break.

No comments: