Saturday 1 December 2007

flight and fight

I was flying above the heads of people in a shopping centre. I seemed to be invisible to most people, although others looked up and recognised me as I went past. As I flew by the escalators, I saw my friend R heading down to the next level. I called her name and struck an amusing pose; she looked up, waved and laughed. I flew along corridors and in and out of shops looking at things. When I flew into a jewelers, I became confused by the bright lights and the mirrors and crashed into a mirror that I thought was the exit. I fell down on the floor and decided to pretend that I had been browsing in the shop and had fainted. I knew that they could not know that I had been flying. I lay there until the store manager came over to see what the noise had been. I pretended to be disoriented but left the shop abruptly when he suggested that I come with him to his car. I didn’t want to. I ran out through the streets through West End. Along Hardgrave Road, I saw an acting agent I used to know. He was living above the shops. He took me into the kitchen of a cafĂ© and introduced me to some women who had visited a close friend’s business very recently; they complained about the price of goods. I defended my friend and when I didn’t feel that I could make them understand they way things were, I picked up a kitchen knife and fought with them. One of the women also grabbed a knife and we had a sword fight. I swiped my knife through the air and cut her blade in half. I then put down my knife, realising that the situation was ridiculous, and left their company.

No comments: