Friday 4 January 2008

mizu

I had a lovely Persian cat covered in soft sandy and chocolate fur. I also had a similarly coloured silky terrier called Mizu. I was inside a low-set, spacious homestead and I could see through the large windows to the grassy grounds outside. I loved both animals but lost them both and urgently searched for them inside the house. The cat appeared, slinking around the corner and winding her way around my ankles. I stopped to stroke her before continuing my search for the dog. I wandered outside in the gardens calling for the dog, singing out his name over and over.
Once awake, I checked the meaning of the word ‘mizu’: it is Japanese for water, representing the fluid things of the world, and emotional states such as adaptability and change.

1 comment:

Starry Eyes said...

Interestingly, the kanji for Mizu, can also be traced back to Confucianism, in which it is known to be the unofficial symbol for this teaching. In this respect it is used to represent the flow and adaptability of love, as well as the heirarchy and respect in familes Cofuscius aimed to teach all of his students. What is possibly more important in this dream is that it was a dog you were calling out for, this tradtionally represents a challenge coming up and finding the strength to meet it, or something undesirable happening in your life. It's almost a ying and yang dream, you are calling for this strength (mizu) to face a challenge (the dog). Searching for the dog I think shows a willingness or strength to face this challenge, with clarity and adaptability.

Or perhaps, you just like dogs?