Friday 11 January 2008

opportunity

I walked into the Metro Arts foyer to view some of my own artwork that was on exhibition there. SB, my friend and boss when I worked there, happened to be visiting as well. She had with her a respected art critic and encouraged me to show the critic my work. I raced upstairs into the main gallery to find a particular artist whose work was being exhibited there. I walked through her exhibition, marveling at the installation that took up the whole space. It was reminiscent of a snow field with ice tunnels and slopes and through which viewers needed to climb to get around the space. When I arrived back to the entry door, the artist was there. I sat down with her for a moment whilst she explained the work. SB appeared, asking me if I had told the artist to come down to see the art critic as well, and that there was little time. The artist and I went quickly downstairs to where my art was displayed in the foyer.

(I take this dream to mean that I am feeling the urgency of creating work whilst opportunities are open to me.)

No comments: