Friday 11 January 2008

lounge suite

B & I were asleep in bed. We woke and looked through the bedroom door out to the lounge room where, to our dismay, our new lounge suite was gone. Someone had come in during the night and stolen it, along with a few of the cushions. I looked around and couldn’t see anything else missing or disrupted. I went outside onto the balcony and looked down to the pool area. There was our lounge suite and the missing cushions, sitting on the pool floor, submerged under the water. I called out to B to come and see. We puzzled over who would come in, steal our couch and throw it in the pool, thinking that it must be someone with a grudge rather than any old robber. People began to mill around the pool and some of them went to take our cushions. I shouted out but my voice couldn’t carry over the distance and I watched as people walked away with them. We knew that the couch was ruined and that it would probably take a crane to lift our waterlogged lounge suite out of the pool.

No comments: