Tuesday 18 November 2008

shoes in a secret room

I was inside a rambling old house of many levels, in a room on the second top floor. There were several people with me who had just returned from the top level where they had found some fantastic shoes that they said were free for the taking. I admired the shoes as they were so unusual and decided to venture up the winding stairs and corridors to the room with the shoes. I climbed the steep staircase and crept along the hall. The walls closed in the the hall became a narrow tunnel; I had to crawl along on my hands and knees as the corridor turned and curled. Onward I crawled, feeling uneasy as the space became tighter and tighter. FInally, I found myself in a bright room, filled with natural light. In the centre of the room was a pile of suitcases and shelves on which the most stylish and sensational shoes were displayed - vintage shoes, new boots, and designer shoes. I selected a few pairs but then became fully aware of my surroundings. I realised that this was someone's bedroom and that we were taking shoes that belonged to the absent occupant. I put the shoes back on the shelves and hurried back along the claustrophobic corridors so that I could tell the others and prevent them from taking what didn't belong to them.

No comments: