Thursday 7 August 2008

moving too fast and not getting in

I was travelling down a street in the suburb where I grew up. I was with B and we were moving with some speed. We were neither walking nor driving, rather we seemed to be propelled along, hovering slightly above the ground, as though riding a skate board but with nothing between our feet and the ground. As we passed the Uniting church, B detoured so she could have a look inside. I slowed down and waited for her out the front. There were several dogs tied up outside the church, all barking joyfully. I avoided the bigger dogs and moved slightly out of reach. One of the smaller dogs broke free of his leash and bounded over to me. I knelt down to pat him - he had wonderfully soft pale gold hair, almost like down, and a dear little face. When B came out, I introduced them. I was sorry to leave him. We continued on until we reached the Anglican church further down the road. We 'parked' outside and then went into the church hall. There were quite a few people there, all waiting for something to begin. My friend, G, was there, but where most people were waiting in the hall, he had taken up residence in the Sunday School rooms underneath the church itself. It grew dark and I wanted to find G. I went outside, walked down the back of the church and looked through the Sunday School windows. I could see G sitting inside talking with a woman I know. I wanted to join them so I knocked on the window and G pointed to the way in. I lay down on the ground and tried to squeeze through the small space between the window and the floor. It was quite narrow and I wondered how L had gone inside as she is both taller and bigger than me. I called out to ask if there was another way in. G pointed to a door. I wondered why he had not told me of the best way in earlier and if I should go in at all.
Next I was driving a big brown car. I am not sure what kind of car it was but it was old and cumbersome. I was having trouble driving as I couldn't see out the window properly and I seemed to have trouble handling the steering and reaching the brakes. I suddenly realised that I was driving from the back seat and my vision was obscured by the seat. I needed to climb into the front but I was having great difficulty as the car was moving at great speed and I was on a highway.

No comments: