Monday 2 June 2008

uncovered & gang

I was in a large hall with raked seating and a stage. There were various shows being performed and a fluctuating crowd coming and going, watching the shows. I felt that we were at a festival and that outside were tents and other performance venues. For some reason, I was naked apart from a pair of underpants. I was quite self-conscious and tried to find a suitable top or piece of fabric to cover myself. As I walked up and down the aisles, they changed to market aisles like those in an Asian market. There were street vendors selling items such as dried mushrooms and fragrant spices, mixed up with the crowd watching the shows on stage. I found a friend who lay down on me while I slid on my back down the stairs to the bottom of the sloping aisles—I gave her a ride. Finally, I found an apron that I put on. I still felt uncomfortable, but at least I was covered enough to go and find some more suitable clothing. I left the auditorium, choosing to leave by going behind the stage rather than through the central exit. As I was leaving, I saw a rough looking man enter through the main door and I felt that my exit was timely, particularly considering my revealing attire. Outside, I began to walk up the hill. Everything reminded me of the top of the playground behind the toilets of the infants’ school that I attended. Suddenly several more rough men, a gang, appeared from behind the toilet block (which was also the auditorium). There were perhaps ten of them and I tried to look inconspicuous as I was afraid. The first man began to hassle me and knocked me to the ground. He put his boot on my lower back and pressed down. The other men stood around laughing and egging him on. Another man stuck the toe of his boot under my belly so that I could feel it digging in to me as the first man stepped on me with increasing pressure. I woke up at the sound of my own voice, calling out.

No comments: