Thursday 26 June 2008

meeting

B and I were in the downstairs room of our house - not the house where we live in waking life. It felt like a rumpus room with its cement floors and sliding glass doors that opened out onto the back yard. A couple of people entered the room to attend a meeting about my work. As we sat down on the four chairs, I felt a little disgruntled as someone sat on my usual office chair and I had to sit on a chair without wheels. I felt as though the two visitors presumed that B was the person in charge and I was her off-sider. The woman, a tall and big person with a very masculine energy, sat on my right but just about sat on top of me - her leg actually rested on mine. I asked her to move her chair so as to give me some room. She appeared to be put out but then said that she had always been hopeless at awareness of personal space and moved her chair. The meeting started but I suddenly realised that I was inappropriately dressed. I was wearing my grey singlet which is a few sizes too big for me so that it gapes at the arm holes and neck, and I was not wearing a bra. I looked over at B to see if she had noticed and I wondered how I would gain the visitors' respect whilst I was looking so dowdy.

No comments: