Tuesday 24 June 2008

assignment & bus

I was in a hall with other people and I realised that I had a university assignment to do that was due in an hour or so. I hurriedly began to write whatever came into my head, doing my best but also knowing that I could do so much better if I had more time. I decided to ask for an extension. I found the lecturer in the courtyard, told her about my circumstance, and she agreed. I then found my friend R who offered me a lift. He was driving a bus and I sat in the front seat on the opposite side to him. He screeched to a halt at a red traffic light and the bus rolled over, my side hitting the road first. I had enough time to think about death and wonder if I would be crushed. I felt the weight of R as he was thrown across the bus and heard the glass windows smashing under my head as they shattered upon impact with the bitumen. The bus continued to roll and I woke up.

No comments: