Thursday 28 June 2007

road

Again, on a journey, trying to find a way through roads and paths, staying in homes that are not my own. I was walking along a busy road. There were lots of other people, also walking. Normally we would all be driving along such a road. In fact, it felt like we all travelled the road regularly, but on this day we were all out of our cars, individually, walking and running along the road. Suddenly, in front of us, there was a hill in the road: sharply steep on all sides although not very high. I was in the front so I was the first to encounter the obstacle. I stopped, and others soon stopped around me, trying to work out how to get over the hill and how we had never noticed it before when we were driving. One man ran at the hill and managed to scramble up to the top, but lost his balance and had to cling with his feet to a large potplant that appeared on top of the hill, whilst his body dangled upside-down, dangerously, over the road. Another man rushed to his aide, and somehow helped him up the hill. It seemed that only the extremely agile and strong would make it over the hill. I walked around the base of the hill one last time and there appeared a set of stairs, so obvious, that I wondered how I, or any of the other people, had not noticed them at once.

No comments: