Thursday 14 June 2007

exams

I was in a classroom with about twenty other people. We were finding out our timetable and, unexpectedly, when our exams were due. I thought I was up-to-date with the work and hadn’t realised that there were exams. Queen Elizabeth walked in and handed out documents that included all of the exam timetables and the names of the people who would potentially be our examiners. She was pointing out one particular name, saying that she was a very hard examiner and that anybody under-prepared would fail. I was going through the document, trying to find anything relevant to me, nervous about understanding it correctly, and hurriedly taking notes. I turned to the front page and realised that the entire creative strand has been marked in red ‘No Examination Required’. I felt immense relief.

No comments: