Saturday 9 June 2007

journey

I had to leave all of my belongings, my luggage, in the bus that we had been travelling in. It seems I had been on a journey and was to travel the rest of the way on foot. I was trying to choose between three pairs of boots, all tan with brown stitching and laces, but with varying heel heights and levels of comfort. I chose the second pair, being a compromise between style and practicality, put on several layers of clothing, not knowing exactly what I would require, and left everything else behind. I walked across a wide field and eventually came to a place where there was an abandoned building, a vast, four or five storey brown-brick building like an office block or a college. I was asking people what was to happen with the building, now that its previous owner had died. My question remained answered.

No comments: