Thursday 14 June 2007

fireworks

(dreamed a couple of nights ago)
I was sleeping in a small, one-person tent by the side of a road. The road ran parallel to a beach, but was separated from the beach by a row of houses. I crawled out of the tent and walked down the road in search of a shower and possibly a way home. I found a public toilet block where there were people gathered, waiting for a bus. I decided to go back to the tent to get some fresh clothing and a towel. There were people milling around, like they were at a festival of some kind. As I was leaning into the tent, collecting my things, I noticed my friend A in the crowd. They all ran down to the beach behind the houses where there were fireworks being let off. I could see firecrackers exploding above the houses, their sparks shooting up and showering down in wonderfully detailed jellyfish shapes of brilliant colours.

No comments: