Tuesday 5 June 2007

body

I was in a room with other people. There was music playing and I began to move, something between a dance and magical acrobatics. I lunged toward a woman, clasping her waist in my arms, my body and her body forming the two sides of a scalene triangle for a moment, before I slid down to the floor, taking her skirt with me. I rose and leapt into a space where I began to spin around, gradually letting my body rest into gravity, leaning outward further and further until my body, trusting the centrifugal force, was parallel with the floor and came to a graceful stop.

Later, I was scaling a hill and came to a barrier that I had to climb before going on my way. Whilst I was trying to find an easy access point, a girl threw a small ball at me and I reached out my right hand and caught it, my reflexes working quickly. I felt proud of my catch and threw the ball back to her but, instead of a sharp or arching throw, the ball fell short of her and bounced back to me. Again, I caught the ball swiftly and surely and tried to throw the ball back to the girl. Again, it was a weak throw.

No comments: