Friday 5 September 2008

issues

I was walking through a city mall, outside in the sunshine. I saw a tall slender woman with dark hair who I thought was very beautiful and extremely stylish. Another woman, her twin, was preparing to perform a show. She must not have been an identical twin as she has lighter hair, a mid-brown colour, and a more tawny complexion, though she was just as tall. As I passed her, she looked into my face - a moment - and then I kept walking. I decided to go back and watch the show so I went up to the stage where there were high bar stools placed around, pulled one out and sat. I understood that she and her sister were from a very wealthy family and the first sister was adorned by her wealth but the second sister used her wealth to change the world. I then saw an interview with her, projected onto a screen; she was sitting with her girlfriend, a petite young woman with blue eyes and freckles and they were openly affectionate.
Next, I was in a communal bathroom in the building where I was living. I spoke with the woman who is the Manager of the building that I actually live in. I left the building and then turned back having forgotten something in my apartment. At the front door, I scrambled to find my key but I couldn't find anything like it on the key ring. Finally, I just tried any old key and the door opened. Inside were four young women sitting on the couch and a fifth young woman standing in the bedroom, looking scared to see me. I felt that the fifth girl was my niece or a charge. They were all stoned and I was angry. I shooed them all out except the standing girl who I berated.
Next, to vent my anger, I walked outside into the city and stumbled upon a very small cinema showing confrontational films. I took a seat at the back and soon other people came in. Someone passed me a pair of eye glasses which put on for a moment and then removed, not needing to wear them. I realised that they belonged to my friend who I could see sitting a few rows in front, leaning forward, attentive to the film. She was featured in the film, speaking out in favour of nudity and acceptance of various confrontational issues. Her glasses were coming apart - the arm away from the lens frame - and I decided to fix them. I tried to simply tighten the screw but it popped out and so did a tiny spring. I picked up the spring and the screw to reinsert them, but they jumped out of my fingers. Over the next few minutes, the spring kept changing shape, uncoiling, coiling up the wrong way, falling under the seat and so on and so forth, making it impossible to fix the glasses. Finally I couldn't find either the screw or the spring and asked someone to pass them to me but what they gave me was an enormous light blue screw, a matching bolt and a pin - nothing suitable to mend the glasses. I woke up.

No comments: