Wednesday 17 September 2008

flower power

I was driving my car through a park next to a school. The grounds were vast and green and, when I came to it, the car park was nearly empty. I parked my car with ease and stepped out to see where I was and what was happening. People began to arrive - old classmates from primary school dressed up for a special occasion. I realised that it was a school reunion and that a dance was to take place in the assembly area. I was not dressed appropriately so I decided to walk the short distance to my house to have a shower and get dressed. I did not want to take the car as I feared that the car park would be full by the time I returned. I walked down the street, hearing the sounds of music and laughter in the distance as more people arrived. As I crossed the road toward my house, I paused on the median strip where there was a wonderful camellia bush growing. The flowers were white and pink with soft open petals and upright stamen. I wanted one to put in my hair. The lady who tended the bush came out of her house and crossed over to me, to see what I was doing. I asked her if I could have a flower for my hair and she found the prettiest of all the flowers and cut it for me. I was not sure what I would have to wear at the dance but I felt lovely because I had a beautiful flower.

No comments: