Tuesday 27 May 2008

shower & king wave

I dreamed of water. First, I had a shower in a public shower block. As I entered the tiled cubicle, I wished I had a pair of thongs as the floor was quite scummy. Never-the-less, I had a shower and washed my hair. I used whatever products I could find, shampoo and conditioner that had been left there by others. I enjoyed the experience of new products and their scents.

Next, I was at an ocean baths: large salt water pools built out of cement and rock, right beside the ocean. Other people were swimming and walking about. I dipped in and out of pools on my way over to the pool closest to the ocean. Once there, I walked along the cement wall that divided the pool from the ocean. I could see a small boy playing in the shallows just at the edge of the ocean. He was moving a rock that was at least half his size. Suddenly, the rock dislodged and water began to rush through the hole where it had been; the boy had accidentally moved the rock vital to holding back the water. A wave far out at sea began to swell and grow: a king wave with all the weight of the ocean behind it. I grabbed the boy’s hand and we raced up the cement walls of the pools, heading as fast as we could away from the ocean. We could see other people running for their lives. I knew that the boy felt guilty and I wanted to assure him that it wasn’t his fault. But for now, all we could do was run as the wave bore down upon us, towering above us, casting a dark shadow over us. I picked the child up and ran with him in my arms. The wave hit and we were hurled into the tumultuous water.

No comments: