Thursday 29 May 2008

ocean cave

I was standing at the edge of the ocean, waves lapping against the rock shelf under my feet. My mother was in the water and we were talking whilst she swam. She dived under the water, and swam beneath the rock on which I stood. I was concerned but found I could see her through the rock; the rock had a transparent window through to a cave below. I saw my father with my mother and noticed that my mother was naked; she looked very pretty. I decided to go in and I entered the water fully clothed. I held my breath and swam under the rock, into the cave. The cave was filled with water but I found that I could breathe, talk and walk around as though on land. The cave was decked out like a holiday apartment with several rooms and beautiful soft furnishings. There was a guard dog, a good natured cattle dog, tied up with a long rope, in the bedroom. Whilst I was there, I was given some mail that had arrived for me. It was a birthday present, a package wrapped in purple paper with a hand-drawn card and inside the card were little stars and glittering confetti that spilled onto the ground. There were a couple more packages that were part of the same present and I understood that the sender was a woman who was living or travelling overseas. I was surprised, however, as my birthday is not until December and I knew it to be May. I thought that perhaps time was reversed in this cave under the sea. My brother was also present in the cave; I was delighted to see him. We stayed in the cave for a couple of days, and then prepared to leave. I was not sure what to do about the dog and felt that I could not leave him here in the cave alone. I took him on a rope leash through the water up to the surface of the water and called out, asking for someone to tell me what to do. Then we swam back down and began to tidy up the cave. I removed the sheets from the bed, again purple, and tidied some cushions. I was not certain where they belonged but the dog helped me, nosing them into place. I could see that he enjoyed his job in the cave but felt that he could return when the next people were due to stay there.

No comments: