Tuesday 27 May 2008

ride & rottweiler

I was moving down a suburban street in the neighbourhood where I grew up, at rapid speed. I was neither walking nor running, rather I was sliding on my bottom, much like riding a slippery dip. I overtook cars and other pedestrians, racing down the road. I passed people in their front gardens and particularly noticed an old woman in her garden, sitting on an armchair, painting a picture. She was wearing large glasses with unusual frames, and I understood that she was an artist and would paint no matter where she lived or what life brought her. As I neared the place where I wanted to stop, I simply placed my palms on the road to act as brakes. I stopped without trouble and without abrasions to my hands. I loved the ride.

Next, I was with my mother and brother at the bay, a place where we holidayed when I was young. We were walking along the beach, enjoying each others’ company and considering life. We passed through people’s yards and gardens on our way around the coast where we had to leave the shore. I went into the toilet block and had a shower. I stood very high up, close to the shower head, and enjoyed the rush of water on my head and over my face. When I had finished, I prepared to dress. I could see outside to the water where people were swimming and dogs were playing. I didn’t want to go into the water as I had just showered, but something called me outside. Once there, a huge rottweiler sniffed around me and pawed me, before sitting next to me. I was fearful and decided to go back inside. I stood, naked, and had to retrieve my blue towel from under his paws. I was worried that this might upset him but he did not react. I went back inside and noticed the puncture wounds in my arms where the dog had pawed me; I was amazed at his strength as he was being gentle with me. I found some tea tree oil and bathed the wounds to prevent infection.

No comments: