Thursday 27 March 2008

thwarted path

I was in an outdoor café, sitting at a table with B. There was a group of people sitting a few tables away, calling out and generally being very loud and rude. I went over to their table and told them to be quiet and that they should consider other people, this late Sunday afternoon. I then went into the chamber where the elevator would normally be, discovered it was gone, so I began to climb up the wall frames like scaling up monkey bars, until I reached the correct floor. I emerged into a library where I could see an old friend who was now the manager there. She looked a little older and I was impressed, if a little daunted, by how far she had come in life.

Next, I was in the foyer outside the library, attempting to cross to the other side of the room, but I was caught in the middle of a game much like Red Rover Cross Over. Every time I attempted to race ahead, a robot came whizzing across the floor, tapping me on the shoulder, so that I was frozen to the spot until another person freed me. Then the robot would immediately speed over to tip me again. I could not work out how to get to where I wanted to go as the robot had super-human speed.

No comments: