Thursday 26 July 2007

cars

I was driving along a street that had a closed lane, so that only one lane was available. The two-way traffic was blocked and a road worker was doing his best to move the traffic, first the traffic travelling in one direction, and then the traffic travelling in the opposite direction. It was our turn to drive whilst the rest of the traffic waited to one side. As I drove around a blind bend in the road, an impatient taxi driver broke queue and drove directly toward me. I was driving quite slowly so I was able to gently brake to a halt but the taxi driver had to screech to a stop. The noses of our cars touched lightly. He had to reverse all the way back to the end of the queue whilst I moved slowly forward. I turned into a driveway leading to the car park under the David Jones building and called out something to the taxi driver, telling him off. He looked cranky.

Later, I was driving out of the car park. I was behind another car waiting at the gate, a work vehicle. When the gate opened, I rushed out behind the car in front and he moved forward so that I could fit through before the gate automatically closed behind us. Our cars melded into one and I found myself on the back seat of his car. He offered me a cigarette which I refused after considering it. We drove out of the car park.

No comments: