Tuesday 10 February 2009

getting ready

I was in a large living room which was in need of a clean. I was aware that my friend was due to arrive, so I was hastily rearranging and cleaning things to make the room more attractive. I had very little time so the things I chose to do were all designed to have the most impact with the least effort. I lit a fistful of incense sticks and arranged them in a clay pot. The aromatic smoke billowed through the room and out the window, masking the dusty smell. I tidied random items and arranged a vase of dark green and crimson silverbeet leaves on a table to provide colour. I knew that the room was still very dusty and untidy, but it would have to do. I went outside and around a corner to find the bathroom. I closed the door but could still see people through the door although they couldn't see me. I washed my face and freshened up, similarly giving myself a quick once over before my friend arrived. My friend appeared in the bathroom, surprising me somewhat. She had brought with her various bottles of expensive fragrances and skin care products. She told me that I was now ready for the most beautiful of the products.

No comments: