Monday 13 August 2007

body experiences

I was in a car in between a few people. I was not in my body but in my brother’s body, and I was aware that I would not be in his skin for very long. I admired my (his) hands as they were so long, strong and elegant. I said that if I had these hands, I could not help but look at them all the time. I could feel pins and needles in the fingertips of each finger. We arrived at our destination and I went back into my own body and my brother was in his. We, various members of my family, stood in a group outside a building. One family member was standing outside our circle, having a beer with a couple of rough, dangerous looking men, who appeared to be out on parole. Although he didn’t say anything, I knew that my brother was very disappointed in that family member and disapproved of his actions as he somehow put the family in danger.
Also in the group were my cousin and his young son. For some reason, they were both caricatures of their real selves. The adult cousin stood about three foot high with a beaming round cartoon face and was very loud and loutish. His son was even shorter, about one foot high, and was showing off. I was trying to ignore the attention seeking antics of these two, mildly offended by their vulgarity. I saw a look of disappointment cross the face of my cousin and I felt softer toward him.

No comments: