Friday 4 September 2009

lion

I was standing in the corner of a room. On both sides, the walls comprised glass sliding doors, right up to the corner, so that the room appeared to be both inside and out. Someone said that I shouldn't worry about the lion, that the glass would keep him out. And then he appeared on the other side of the glass. A huge, wild lion, desperate to get in and eat me. I locked one of the glass doors, but the other wouldn't lock and wouldn't close properly, leaving a small gap between the door and the frame. The lion prowled around, pacing backward and forward, occasionally swiping a paw at the glass. I pushed the glass door that wouldn't close as hard as I could, trying to keep the room sealed. The lion could see the gap and wedged a long claw into it, trying to fit the rest of his paw in too so as to widen the gap and open the door. I pushed with all my might, forcing the lion to withdraw his paw. He roared furiously, his long mane bristling around his angry face, still determined to find a way in. I leaned my entire body weight against the door, doing my utmost to keep the lion out, whilst the lion continued probing the gap between the door and the frame, intent on getting in.

No comments: