Sunday 14 June 2009

blood red

As I walked, I must have scratched my legs on the scrub, as now I noticed I was bleeding. I looked at my body and found that I was bleeding from cuts on my shins, on my arms and on my face. My nose was bleeding too and I cupped my hands under my chin as the blood ran down my face and pooled in my palms. I walked swiftly toward a sink and a mirror to see what was happening, doing my best not to drip staining red blood over the floor.

I opened a small container, peeling the lid away from the carton. It opened much more quickly than I intended, and red paint shot out, spurting into the air and spraying the far wall. I watched as it splattered a big red abstract painting hung high above the stairs and spotted the white wall below. Immediately, I grabbed a cloth and did my best to clean the wall, wiping the red paint away. I couldn't reach the painting and hoped that the paint would simply blend in.

No comments: