Tuesday 2 December 2008

beauty

I was collecting items of beauty: underwear made from scraps of silk and lace in gem colours - ruby, amber, sapphire, emerald and garnet; lipsticks in silver cases - fuscia, red, vermillion and coral; shimmering eyeshadows in shades of blue, silver, sand and green; bespoke clothing made from the most delicate and interesting of fabrics; more cosmetics in varying shades, packed in intricately designed cases. I packed all of these things to take with me on a journey. Later, I unpacked the various shades of foundations I had collected that were housed in small glass vials, and tried one shade on my skin. The liquid spread evenly but then formed tiny bubbles under my fingertips. I rather liked the glittering bubbles which turned a silvery blue, so I left them there, my face sparkling.

No comments: