Saturday 18 October 2008

running water

I was showering, enjoying the rush of water over my body. Someone came into the shower and, although not bothering me overly, I hopped out as it felt a little crowded. The person clung to me, trying to prevent me from leaving. I pried their arms from around my waist and then, still naked, saw a friend of mine who I hold dear. We embraced.
Next, I remember sitting at a table with a couple who had travelled to Australia from a European country, a man and a woman. We ate in companionable silence, only talking now and again. The man went walking in the rain and when he returned, he had turned into a very fluffy orange kitten. His hair was damp and stuck in clumps around his torso, and he was frisky from his adventure. I too decided to go walking in the rain.

No comments: