Wednesday 18 April 2007

change

Dreamed the night of 7th March 2007
I was with Brenda outside mondo on the cemented car space area out the back. We were lying on the ground with our heads uphill, cocooned in our quilt. Sonja was standing to our left. My perspective changed: my body or sight travelled down Loch Street, on level with the treetops, up to Katrine Street and I viewed the art deco apartment block which is at the intersection of the two streets. I flew, or rather, my sight like a camera, saw down into the building and entered it via an opening between the walls and the roof. I could see that the top level consisted of a royal blue carpeted loft area with four study desks, big desks with computers and matching chairs. From here I could also see a large bed down on the next level, larger than a king-sized bed. I had the impression that a few people might share the bed.
Next, I was on one of the bottom floors of the apartment building, possibly the ground floor. I was lying in bed and it was morning. I woke, realised I was in bed with my friend KM, and I went to the bathroom to go to the toilet. She followed me in and appeared to be angry. She had been sick during the night and was upset that I hadn’t noticed. We had a gentle scuffle and I might have thrown her through the glass window that overlooked the garden. She then told me she was pregnant and I felt a vast ocean of mixed emotions rising in my chest.
We were then sitting in front of a refrigerator and there were lots of cards, photographs and pieces of paper stuck to the door with magnets. I didn’t like the look of it, preferring a clean surface and wished that someone would take it down. I looked more carefully and realised that the memorabilia was mine. I started to sort through old photographs, cards from my teenage years, old bookmarks, pieces of fabric and such—it was time to remove them.

No comments: