Monday 24 August 2009

python, girl and baby

I was observing a young girl playing near a drain. At first I was not physically there, only spiritually, but when she needed me, I manifested in her space. There had been a great rainfall and the waters were unusually high. The girl wielded a long stick, poking it about in the water and in the drain that ran between the creek and the road. I saw a huge brown python swim into one end of the drain, heading toward the other end where the girl was playing, hitting the water with her stick. Knowing this would agitate the snake and that she was likely to be attacked, I interrupted the scenario and grabbed the snake around the throat just under its head as it appeared from out of the drain. The python was furious. It writhed about, its mouth gaping wide open, desperate to bite me. It was so long that the other end of its body was still in the drain. The young girl seemed oblivious to my presence and continued beating the stick about in the water. I was not sure what to do about the snake. I felt certain that if I let it go, it would attack me or the child. I continued holding onto its throat, squeezing quite hard, puzzling over how to end the experience and keep the girl safe. Suddenly B appeared holding one of her chef's knives. I called to her and she came. I knew I could trust her accuracy to chop of the snake's head even while it was writhing about, without lopping off my fingers. I woke.
Later, I dreamed that I was in the home of my youth, trying on a pair of jeans. I realised that the jeans were maternity pants with a big elasticised section at the front. I went into the parent's bedroom and B was there, folding up clothes. I showed her the jeans and told her that I was thinking of having a baby. She paused and said that it was a good idea, that I would make a good mother. We determined that the baby, who we imagined would be a girl, would be called Micchi.

No comments: