Tuesday 28 July 2009

moment in the sun

I went for a walk to find a patch of sun. I was wearing a white toweling robe, wrapped snugly about my body. Arriving at a gentle slope of white sand, I decided to sit awhile in the sun. I could see hundreds of bees flying just above the sand and crawling around in it. I waved my hands through the top layer of sand, clearing the way to sit down, sweeping away any bees. I felt something crawling up my left sleeve and thought I must have scooped up a bee. Reaching my right hand up the sleeve, I, sure enough, could feel something up there so I shook it out. A daddy-long-legs spider fell out and scuttled away, then a ten dollar note fell out. I picked up the money and flattened it, ironing out the creases with my hands. After a short while, I stood up and walked back in the direction from which I had come.

No comments: