Friday 1 February 2008

spiders

I was underneath a house with two others. They were both active and upright, but I was lying in the dirt on the cement. I could see the foundations of the house and the wooden floor above our heads. One of the others had disappeared behind a wall into a small room and I called her to come out as I could see a large spider crawling on the wall in the room. She didn’t come out so the third person, B, sprayed the spider, killing it. The girl then hit the spider with a shoe, making sure it was dead. B saw another spider, a huntsman, and sprayed it. Immediately, the girl came out of the room and swatted the spider, again ensuring it was dead. They saw a third spider and killed it in the same way. All this time I lay on the floor, amazed at how many spiders lurked under the floor of the house.

No comments: