Sunday 23 September 2007

flying & swimming in blue

I was in an apartment, high up, overlooking a city and the harbour. I watched as a man, who was somehow an extension of me, stood at the window and made large circles with his hands which were resting just above the glass, not quite touching the pane. The heat from his hands caused steamy streaks to appear, leaving circular patterns on the window. It was evidence of his aliveness, of his life. I passed through the glass and flew out over the harbour. The sky was bright azure and the water below was a deep cobalt blue. As I crossed the waters and reached the opposite side of the harbour, I saw an ocean baths below. I turned and flew above the baths, noticing the white diving blocks at either end of the pool. There was a solitary swimmer lapping the pool using a freestyle stroke. I was excited that I had discovered the pool and decided to swim there in the future. I swooped down into the water outside the baths in the heart of the harbour, plunging into the cold blue. My body immersed in water felt wonderful. I could see a school of fish swimming by. I reached out and closed my hand around a small fish. I could feel it flicking against my palm until I opened my hand, releasing it.

No comments: