Thursday 6 September 2007

dark clouds

We were walking along the footpath of Coronation Drive, on the river side, heading out of the city. Ahead, we could see dark grey rain clouds behind the buildings of Toowong. As we watched, the clouds multiplied, clouds birthing clouds birthing clouds with alarming speed. The clouds spread, baby clouds billowing out of larger clouds, rushing across the sky in a wave that quickly spread darkness over the entire city. It was incredible and we knew that something enormous, some huge event was about to happen - a powerful storm or the omen of change. We ran to a bus stop and boarded a bus, needing to get to our destination as fast as we could. First, we sat on a seat that was attached to the outside of the bus. A metal drawer came loose above me and opened, hitting me on the head. We moved inside the bus and sat on a seat on the left-hand side. Again, something hit me on the head. B was beside me and she was very tired. I was aware of contacting my loved ones to check they were safe.

No comments: