Friday 20 August 2010

dreaming

I was in my late grandparents' garage, in the semi-dark under their home. I was in consultation with a naturopath who had evidently been treating me for something. She brought up my results so far, which manifested as a light display around the room. Coloured lights shone and shifted, flitting from one wall to the next, and beaming through the space. She was delighted, noting how well I was, how the brilliant lights reflected my growing state of health. The only odd thing, she seemed to think, was that my brain waves were showing unusual activity, which would be accounted for by wild and vivid dreams if I was a child, but, as an adult, she thought it unlikely. I told her that I did, indeed, experience extremely lucid and inventive dreams. She regarded me curiously and I was left with the feeling that this dreaming was unusual.

No comments: