Tuesday 13 October 2009

hippopotamus

I caught a bus home. The bus travelled up my street and dropped my at my driveway. Upon entering the house, I noticed a balcony that I had never seen before. I sat on a chair on the balcony, enjoying the afternoon sun, amazed that I had not been here before. There was a beautiful view of the river - a deep blue body of water only a few moments walk from where I sat. To my close right, I saw giant hippopotami wading through the water. I was careful to be still and quiet as I did not want to disturb the enormous animals, having heard that they can become quite vicious. I marvelled at their size, their massive heads poking out of the water. One hippopotamus walked out of the water and I could see that though they were huge, they were also quite lean. Erring on the side of caution, I decided to leave my spot and go inside, just in case the hippo wandered too close.

No comments: