Saturday 7 March 2009

suits

I was looking through a friend's wardrobe. Her clothes and her partner's clothes, were hung in straight lines on several clothing racks. Everything was ironed and impeccably stored on wooden coat hangers. They had bought at least one hundred matching pastel mauve dressing gowns and draped them over every coat hanger, protecting the clothing from dust. I was amazed at the order of their wardrobe as I searched under the dressing gowns for a particular men's suit.
Next, I was crossing an extremely wide road with my brother. I held onto his arm as we crossed the lanes cautiously, timing our steps to avoid the oncoming traffic. As we walked, I explained my concept of the ideal men's linen suit: a deep grey blue, cut well with straight lines - no puff or slouch. He agreed and we found an example of such a suit hanging in a shop on the other side of the road.

No comments: