Monday 2 July 2007

cups & healing

I wanted to buy a pair of cups, so I went to a gift shop to search for cups that I particularly liked. They did not need to be identical, in fact, it was preferable if I could find cups that were unique, but that looked good together. It so happened that there had been a cup sale, so the shelf where the cups had been stacked was almost bare. I looked among the left-over cups, finding only two cups that seemed to go together, but both were based on a shell motif: the cup walls shaped like shells, spiraling up to the opening at top. One was yellow, the other green. I was not happy with them as I felt that they were somewhat garish, so I began searching around the shop, in corners and behind other objects, determined to find cups that I loved. I found a small cup, perfect for espresso, white with a beautiful green pattern painted on the walls of the cup – a sturdy yet delicate piece and beautiful to hold. I searched the shop for a mate for the sweet cup.

Later, I was going somewhere where I was to be rejuvenated: a bay with lots of clear water, as well as swimming pools lining the shore. I understood that I was meant to play tennis, but I felt unprepared as I wasn’t wearing any shoes or appropriate clothing – I was wearing swimmers. I decided that I would watch as others played. Before the game, I went to see a healer—a homeopath, I believe. She looked into my face, said that she could see that I was tired, and then went behind a counter to mix some remedies. When she had finished, I went to the counter and B said something about two cents. I said that I had two cents, opened my purse and produced the coin. The healer said that she didn’t want my money and passed me the vials of medicine – ten vials arranged in a triangle or pyramid – one, then a line of two, then three and then four. I knew that I was to begin treatment and then I had to go back to her to have a body realignment later in the day.

No comments: